Watch the identity theft video and learn how to protect yourself
Identity theft is one of the worst problems occurring today. It can happen almost anywhere, in small towns and even cities. Identity theft is defined by the law as the use of another person’s identity or identification to steal or commit crime. An identity thief often uses another person’s identity to rob your money. They usually use your credit card or credit card information to purchase whatever they want and you will be billed for it. FTC also made some informative videos for people awareness. Watch them end of this page.
One of the best ways to know about identity theft is by buying a identity theft video demonstrating how the crime works and also how to prevent it. This video will tell you how to keep yourself secured from thieves and show you how identity thieves work.
It will show you useful information on how identity theft occurs. If you obtained a copy of an identity theft video, it is recommended that you share it with your family and friends to warn them about the hazards of identity theft.
It will demonstrate on how a thief gets hold of your personal information and use it to get money from you.
Identity Theft Video – Here are some examples:
• Dumpster diving – Thieves can often obtain your personal information by rummaging through garbage. This is why it is important for you to dispose of your documents or items containing your personal and financial information carefully. You should first burn it or shred it to pieces to the point that it cannot be restored.
• Stealing wallets and purses – This is one of the most common ways thieves commit identity thefts. What seems like a simple case of snatching will immediately turn to identity theft. It is wise that you should be aware of your belongings in public places. Remember, your wallet or purse contains personal and financial information and if ever it gets lost, you should report it immediately to the police, credit card companies and your bank.
• Online scam – From time to time, you will receive emails offering prizes and other attractive offers. These emails will ask you to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, credit card number and other personal information in order to obtain the offer they are presenting. Do not give them your personal and financial information. Most of these emails are scams.
• Mails – Thieves can obtain your personal information and your family’s by stealing your mails. It is wise that you should immediately get your mails after the postman puts it in your mailbox.
• Your home – Thieves can break in to your house and steal items including your documents and financial information. You should have a secure lock in your house and also get your neighbors to look after your house when you and your family are going out.
• Filling out documents – When you are filling out documents, thieves usually looks over their shoulder and take note of what you are writing. It is wise that you should not fill out sensitive documents in public places. Look for a more private spot to write down your personal and financial information.
The identity theft video will also include on how thieves use the obtained personal information. Here are some of the things identity thieves do to your personal information:
• They will open a new credit card account in your name .
• Thieves will also purchase vehicles by applying automobile loan in your name.
• If they get arrested on any violation, they will give your name to the police instead of theirs. If they get released but didn’t show up in court for their trial, the police will make an arrest warrant in your name.
• They will open new bank accounts in your name and write bad checks to purchase items in your name.
• They will call your credit card company or issuer and will use your name to change the mailing address of your credit card statement.
These are some of the things thieves do to your personal and financial information.
The identity theft video will also show you ways to prevent identity theft crime to happen to you. Many people are becoming a victim of this crime. Do not let this happen to you.Be updated on the modus operandi being employed by identity thefts . The identity theft video will surely make you aware of them.
Identity Theft Video Great Way To Catch An Identity Theft
Recent Search Terms:
FTC Identity Theft Video
60 Minutes Identity Theft Video
YouTube Identity Theft
How to Stop Identity Theft Video
Fox News Identity Theft Video
identity theft videos free